Sunday, July 22, 2012

Cold Pressed Coffee - A Review

As you may have guessed - I love food... and wine... and I also love a good coffee. Recently I had brekky at BlackStar, a boutique coffee roastery located in the back streets of West End.  A favourite spot for me to indulge in 20g double ristretto shots, Black Star also have a modest menu offering, roasted beans fresh to order and cold pressed coffee.

It was a very hot day, in the middle of winter....and I opted to taste test Black Star's range of Cold Pressed Coffee instead of my usual espresso.

The Cold Pressed range includes Full Creamy, Soy Deluxe and Total Black.  Made with freshly roasted and ground coffee this is the best ice coffee I've ever tasted. They are all natural, artificial-free, preservative-free, fair trade organic. Milk is local from Maleny dairies and they use a little Mexican agave nectar and vanilla extract to sweeten. 

I highly recommend trying the Full Creamy and Soy Deluxe for a thirst quenching caffeine hit, perfect for Brisbane's scorching hot summer days; or hot winter days in this instance. The Total Black wasn't to my taste, a bit too sweet and had a slight grainy texture.

Served in glass bottles, which look quite similar to beer, you can pick up your favourite cold pressed in a take-away, six pack cardboard holder.



Blackstar Coffee on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. The Total Black needs some refinement..too grainy indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Total Black needs some refinement..too grainy indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've often noticed these but never have given up a normal coffee to try one.. Will have to do so next time now, will try the soy delux as you recommend

    ReplyDelete