Friday, July 27, 2012

Triple Chocolate Fudge Brownies

After a long week there is nothing better than a bake day to relax and refresh oneself. Flipping through my recipe books, picking herbs from the garden and experimenting in the kitchen is my perfect remedy to relieve stress. One of my favourite recipes and one I constantly aspire to perfect is the classic brownie.

Mmm, my mind drifts to thoughts of... melting chocolaty goodness....

My latest creation is very, very naughty.  But oh so good!  So here we go, please stop reading now if you easily give in to temptation.  Don't blame me if you can't stop at one, neither can I!

Triple Chocolate Fudge Brownies
100g butter, chopped
300g dark chocolate
1/2 cup rapadura sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream or natural yoghurt
3/4 cup plain flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup roasted macadamia nuts, or walnuts (optional)
150g white chocolate
100g milk chocolate

1. Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan forced.
2. Melt butter and dark chocolate in saucepan over low heat.  Set aside to cool for 5 mins.
3. Stir in sugar, eggs and vanilla extract.  Stir in sour cream.
4. Add sifted flour, cocoa, nuts, white and milk chocolate.
5. Pour mixture into rectangle slice tin lined with baking paper.  Bake for approx. 30 mins.  Ideally the brownies should still be moist inside.

My best brownie tip: it's all about the chocolate, the better quality the better the brownies.  Also, be careful not to burn the chocolate when melting.













Enjoy the weekend, I'd love to hear what you do to relax.
Elise
xo

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh yum, are these what you have made for me before? Well.. not just me, me among other people. If so, they are amazing and I want some! And... if they're not the same then I want some!

    ReplyDelete